The St. Alphonsus/St. Patrick Athletic Association provides competitive and instructional sports programs as an extension of the school’s academic mission. Participants learn the fundamentals of each sport and are given the opportunity to develop strong, healthy, and disciplined minds and bodies. Participants also will develop a sense of good sportsmanship, fair play, and team spirit.
St. Alphonsus/St. Patrick Catholic School is dedicated to the development of the whole person – the religious, moral, social, academic, and athletic dimensions are all important. Participation in athletics can be an important part of student development. Through participation in the school’s athletic program, students develop life-long skills, positive values, and lasting friendships. These values include leadership, healthful living habits, self-discipline, integrity, teamwork, respect for rules and regulations, and the ability to participate with dignity and grace. All student-athletes are treated with respect, acknowledging their uniqueness and importance in God’s eyes.
Everyone associated with the athletic program understands that athletic participation is secondary to academic achievement. Great care is taken to appropriately balance the demands of athletic participation with the requirements of the classroom.
St. Alphonsus/St. Patrick School sets the following goals for student-athletes who participate in its athletic program:
- Improve and educate for life-long health.
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Promote higher academic performance.
- Develop and nurture a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Provide a bridge to unify different populations.
- Give students the experience of being part of a team.
- Develop school and team spirit.
- Contribute to the “sound body, sound mind” philosophy that is so essential to the character-building process.
- Provide an enjoyable recreational activity that can be sustained into adulthood.
- Teach the proper attitude towards winning, losing, and competing with dignity.
The St. Alphonsus/St. Patrick Athletic Association allows boys and girls in grades 5 to 8 an extracurricular opportunity to participate in volleyball, basketball and football. Coaching is done by volunteers who generously give of their time and talent. All are encouraged to attend our athletic activities.
|Available School Programs
|August - October
|November - March
|November - March
|March - April
|We hope to add more sports for the younger students in the 2023-2024 school year.